We appreciate that you trust us with your information and we intend to always keep that trust. This starts with making sure you understand the information we collect, why we collect it, how it is used and your choices regarding your information. This Policy describes our privacy practices in plain language, keeping legal and technical jargon to a minimum.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
It goes without saying, we can't help you develop meaningful connections without some information about you, such as basic profile details and the types of people you'd like to meet. We also collect information generated as you use our services, for example access logs, as well as information from third parties, like when you access our services through a social media account. If you want additional info, we go into more detail below.
Information You Give Us
You choose to give us certain information when using our services. This includes:
- When you create an account, you provide us with at least your login credentials, as well as some basic details necessary for the service to work, such as your gender and date of birth.
- When you complete your profile, you can share with us additional information, such as details on your personality, lifestyle, interests and other details about you, as well as content such as photos and videos. To add certain content, like pictures or videos, you may allow us to access your camera or photo album. Some of the information you choose to provide us may be considered "special" or "sensitive" in certain jurisdictions, for example your racial or ethnic origins, sexual orientation and religious beliefs. By choosing to provide this information, you consent to our processing of that information.
- When you subscribe to a paid service or make a purchase directly from us (rather than through a platform such as iOS or Android), you provide us or our payment service provider with information, such as your debit or credit card number or other financial information.
- When you participate in surveys or focus groups, you give us your insights into our products and services, responses to our questions and testimonials.
- When you choose to participate in our promotions, events or contests, we collect the information that you use to register or enter.
- If you contact our customer care team, we collect the information you give us during the interaction. Sometimes, we monitor or record these interactions for training purposes and to ensure a high quality of service.
- If you ask us to communicate with or otherwise process information of other people (for example, if you ask us to send an email on your behalf to one of your friends), we collect the information about others that you give us in order to complete your request.
- Of course, we also process your chats with other users as well as the content you publish, as part of the operation of the services.
Information From Other Sources
HeyU may obtain Personal Information and non-personal information about you from the HeyU Network and credit card or other payment processors, which HeyU adds to its account information or other information it has collected for management purposes. This information includes user preferences, email addresses, user site preferences, and billing information.
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
HeyU uses your email address and your other Personal Information to operate the website efficiently, to contact you in connection with your membership and other activities on the website (including, but not limited to, confirmation emails or important news that could affect your relationship with HeyU), and to forward messages to you from other members. These types of communications are known as "Operational Communications."
To operate website, HeyU may share your Personal Information with HeyU's agents, representatives, contractors and service providers so they can provide HeyU with support services such as authorization of credit card transactions, email origination, receipt or support services, and customer relationship management services. HeyU requires these entities not to use your Personal Information for any other purpose.
Any Third Party (not HeyU) with whom you permit HeyU to share your Personal Information is authorized to use your Personal Information in accordance with our contractual arrangements with such Third Parties and in accordance with their own privacy policies, over which HeyU has no control. You agree that HeyU is not responsible or liable for any Third Party actions or omissions. You will need to instruct any Third Parties who contact you regarding your preferences for their use of your Personal Information.
You agree that your Personal Information and Financial Information may be provided to a Third Party in the event of a transfer of ownership or assets by HeyU or a bankruptcy or to comply with the law or to protect the interests or safety of HeyU or other visitors to the website.
3. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
- With other users
You share information with other users when you voluntarily disclose information on the service (including your public profile). Please be careful with your information and make sure that the content you share is stuff that you're comfortable being publically viewable since neither you nor we can control what others do with your information once you share it.
If you choose to limit the audience for all or part of your profile or for certain content or information about you, then it will be visible according to your settings.
- With our service providers and partners
We use third parties to help us operate and improve our services. These third parties assist us with various tasks, including data hosting and maintenance, analytics, customer care, marketing, advertising, payment processing and security operations.
We may also share information with partners who distribute and assist us in advertising our services. For instance, we may share limited information on you in hashed, non-human readable form to advertising partners.
We follow a strict vetting process prior to engaging any service provider or working with any partner. All of our service providers and partners must agree to strict confidentiality obligations.
4. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We work hard to protect you from unauthorized access to or alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information. As with all technology companies, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information will always remain secure. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices to update our physical, technical and organizational security measures.
We may suspend your use of all or part of the services without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security. If you believe that your account or information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately.
5. YOUR RIGHTS
Because we're always looking for new and innovative ways to help you build meaningful connections, this policy may change over time. We will notify you before any material changes take effect so that you have time to review the changes.